Team Sky emerged without issue through a gruelling stage two at the Tour of Romandie as the weather provided the day’s main talking point.
He told TeamSky.com: "The guys started in dry weather but when we climbed up the weather changed quickly. First we had rain, which transitioned into snow. The temperature dropped to two degrees and it was like this until the finish.
"The bunch started to get really cold with 50km to go after the first long descent. When you're wet you get cold and it's hard to warm up. So you could see guys one by one being dropped.
"Kiry was struggling in these conditions and Elia too. Ian did a fantastic job from the beginning of the stage pulling and he eventually dropped back too. With Elia not at the front we just concentrated on crossing the line in the bunch. It was a really hard, hard stage. Chapeau to all the guys.
"Tomorrow will be another challenge again. We expect even worse conditions but we are glad to come through today."
I think we forget sometimes how hard cycling can be. It just takes a tough 50km stretch and it can be horrible.
1. Stefan Kung (BMC Racing) 3:33:15
2. Andriy Grivko (Astana) s.t.
3. Sonny Colbrelli (Bahrain Merida) +20"
4. Alexander Edmondson (Orica-Scott) s.t.
5. Ben Swift (UAE Team Emirates)
1. Fabio Felline (Trek-Segafredo) 8:12:42
2. Maximilian Schachmann (Quick-Step Floors) +8"
3. Jesus Herrada (Movistar) s.t.
4. Primoz Roglic (LottoNL-Jumbo) +9"
5. Ion Izagirre (Bahrain Merida) +12"
15. Gianni Moscon (Team Sky) +16"
36. Chris Froome (Team Sky) +29"