Danny van Poppel finished outside the top 10 on stage two of Tour of Guangxi as Fernando Gaviria (Quick-Step Floors) sprinted to victory and extended his overall lead.
Earlier, a three-man breakaway containing Wang Meiyin (Bahrain Merida), Silvan Dillier (BMC Racing) and Jonathan Lastra (Caja Rural–Seguros) led for the majority of the stage, before being briefly joined by Thomas de Gendt in the closing 10 kilometres.
2. Max Walscheid (Team Sunweb) s.t.
3. Wouter Wippert (Cannondale-Drapac)
4. Matteo Pelucchi (BORA-Hansgrohe)
5. Mekseb Debesay (Team Dimension Data)
13. Danny van Poppel (Team Sky)