Michal Kwiatkowski and Team Sky stayed cool under heavy final day pressure to secure overall victory at the Tour of Poland.
He said: "That's the Tour of Poland - you know you are going to be fighting right up until the end of the race. We didn't panic as a team. It's amazing having such a strong team here in the race. Without the boys I would not have been able to defend the jersey. Yesterday and today they rode amazing stages and I'm really thankfully to all the guys.
"It started off at the beginning with Wisniowski, Yogi and Michal Golas, then Salvatore Puccio. Then at the end Sergio Henao and Pavel Sivakov were incredibly strong.
"Considering how long this race is I was on my own for only a few kilometres at the end. It's a difficult scenario when you don't quite know the gap to the front, but also you don't want to lose positions at the finish. At the end of the day everything worked out perfectly and I'm so happy."
1. Simon Yates (Mitchelton-Scott) 3:37:17
2. Thibaut Pinot (Groupama-FDJ) +12"
3. Davide Formolo (Bora-Hansgrohe) s.t.
4. Sam Oomen (Team Sunweb) +14"
5. George Bennett (LottoNL-Jumbo) s.t.
6. Michal Kwiatkowski (Team Sky)
1. Michal Kwiatkowski (Team Sky) 24:23:54
2. Simon Yates (Mitchelton-Scott) +15"
3. Thibaut Pinot (Groupama-FDJ) +20"
4. George Bennett (LottoNL-Jumbo) +24"
5. Dylan Teuns (BMC Racing) +27"